Tilney All Saints

C Of E Primary School

01553 828 209


Shepherdsgate Road, King's Lynn, Norfolk PE34 4RP

Proud to belong

Complaints Procedure


From time to time, problems occur in school. If you are unhappy about your child's education or their experience at school you should make an appointment as soon as possible. It is important to let us know so that any potential problem can be dealt with before a difficulty becomes a major crisis. Your child's class teacher is the first person you should speak to. If you are unhappy with the response of the class teacher, please make an appointment to discuss the matter with the Head Teacher. 


We hope that discussing the matter with staff should be enough to resolve the problem. However if you are still unhappy and wish to take the matter further you should write to the head teacher stating that you wish to make a formal complaint. If you are then still not satisfied with the findings of the head teacher a letter should be sent to the Chair of Governors at the school stating your complaint and giving all the relevant details including why you do not accept the head teacher's findings. Letters of complaint to the chair of Governors should be receiver not later than six weeks after the alleged incident for which the complaint is being made, occured. If you are then not satisfied with the findings of the Chair of Governors you should write to the Chair stating why you are not satisfied with his/her findings. You may then request that the Governor's Complaints Panel investigates the matter further. A complaints panel will be convened as necessary, consisting of three members of the Governing Body who are not aware of the issue.


In the event Governors of the school are already aware of the issue and have already responded, an independent complaints panel may be drawn up consisting of the three Partnership Governors from the schools's sister site (Anthony Curton). This Panel's decision is final. 


If you feel the school's policy and procedures have not been followed, you may address your concerns in writing to the Director of Education at County Hall.  You must state which procedural aspects you feel have not been followed. 


A full copy of the school's policy can be obtained from the school office.